The Zotero client comes with several popular citation styles pre-installed, such as APA, Chicago, and MLA. Sometimes, however, you may need to use a style that does not come pre-installed. For example, many academic journals require the use of highly specialized styles.
To install additional styles:
- Go to the Zotero Preferences menu (Zotero > Preferences on Mac, Edit > Preferences on PC).
- Click on the Cite menu. Here, you'll see a list of all of the styles already installed.
- Below the list of pre-installed styles, click the link for Get additional styles...
- Search for your desired style in the provided search field.
- Select the style you want to install. Many styles have different versions. Make sure to select the one that matches your desired citations.