ZSR Library Liaisons are assigned to each academic department and most interdisciplinary programs. Liaisons are available to support you in your research and teaching, from individual research consultations with students and faculty to classroom visits to acquiring materials. Find your library liaison here or email Kathy Shields at email@example.com with questions.
1. Your library liaison is your first point of contact! Get in touch with your liaison to request research instruction for your course and materials for your research and/or teaching. Liaisons are also available to consult on research assignments and faculty research projects. Your liaison can also connect you to other resources available through the library or on campus. Feel free to reach out to your liaison with questions about anything on this page.
2. Your DeaconOne Card is also your library card. Faculty can check out most books for up to 1 year, with no limit on the number of books checked out.
3. Looking for resources in your discipline? Use Find a Database to search for a specific database or browse by subject, name, or format, use Find a Journal to search for a particular periodical, or review our research guides for specific courses and subjects.
4. Primo is ZSR Library's catalog/search interface for locating materials held by the library both physically and online. Primo is also where you'll access your library account. Watch the Primo videos on the ZSR YouTube Channel or contact your liaison to set up an individual session or ask specific questions.
5. Use ZSR Delivers to request physical materials from our collection (both in ZSR and our offsite storage facility) to be delivered to your office or to one of the smart lockers in the 24-hour study room at the front of the building. ZSR Delivers also includes Interlibrary Loan, which enables you to request materials not held by ZSR. Articles typically take 1-3 days to arrive, while books and other physical items can take 1-2 weeks.
6. Have materials that you would like to place on course reserve? Log in to see your classes and complete the request form, and we will take care of the rest, including scanning and copyright compliance. Students can access online course reserves through the library homepage or through the Course Reserves module in Canvas. Physical reserves (e.g. books, DVDs) are available for 2-hour checkout at the ZSR service desk. Contact your liaison or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If you plan to share materials with students on your own through Canvas or another platform, make sure to check out this guide on how to make course readings available to your students online.
7. Assigning a research assignment? Your liaison can work with you on a customized research instruction session for your course and can consult on assignment design and available resources. Liaisons can create a research guide for your class, either as a stand-alone resource or in conjunction with a research instruction session. Liaisons are also available for individual research consultations with students. Contact your liaison to discuss what options are most appropriate for your class.
8. Do you know about DISC (Digital Initiatives and Scholarly Communication)? Whether you have a work in progress or just an idea, this specialized team provides support for copyright, digital humanities, digital pedagogy and open education, research data management, and more. Schedule a consultation with DISC to learn more.
9. Our Special Collections and Archives (SCA) department has a wide collection of rare books, manuscripts, and other materials, as well as the University Archives. SCA also has a wide range of Digital Collections that are available for use in research and teaching. Contact email@example.com about developing assignments around our collections and/or scheduling a session for your class.
10. If you're planning to use multimedia in your course, ZSR provides access to multiple sources for streaming video and audio that are licensed for classroom use, as well as a large DVD collection. (And yes, we offer DVD players for checkout!) Contact your liaison with questions about how to include these in your course.