Because reviews are often untitled and sometimes unsigned, they are best searched using the following strategy:
- Enter the composer's name, and keyword(s) of the work's title.
- Select the broadest available search type ("Text", "Abstract", etc.).
- Some databases will allow you to limit specifically to reviews, or to a range of dates (for instance, starting with the premiere), or to music-related publications.
Too few results?
Try broadening your search:
- Use the composer's name only.
- Eliminate the reviews limit, to extend the search to all types of articles.
Full text not available?
- Search the journal's title in the Library's catalog, to see if we own it in print or microtext.
- If we don't own it, you may want to submit an interlibrary loan request for a copy of the review.