1. Do ZSR Library databases use natural language searching or keyword searching?
2. If you have too many irrelevant article results, which search command should you use to connect more keywords?
3. If you have too few or no article results, which search command should you use to connect synonym keywords?
4. How do you expand your keyword search to singular or plural or variant spelling endings of a word?
5. Can students save time by searching library databases instead of Google for primary sources?
Welcome! You've found the research guide for BIO 150L & 160L Biology Labs. Hopefully these library resources will be helpful to find primary sources as you write your lab reports.
Information on Scientific Papers from Nature Education
Library databases are better than Google when you have a more specific research topic because each library database covers a specific subject discipline. WFU has subscriptions to over 300 databases in all academic subjects. WFU students can use these while on the WFU campus network, or off-campus using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) via Cisco AnyConnect.